Welcome to the Secret Recipe Club Members' Area!
Here you will find all the information for your reveal day including your blog hop code, posting directions, posting date and time, and a way to contact your group hostess if you have any questions or concerns. You will also find the link to the participation form, participation form results, and our private Facebook SRC member group.
Please consult "The Rules" page to make sure you meet the requirements. If any rules change, you will be contacted and given a heads-up.
When you join, you should have received a MailChimp email with all the essential stuff for SRC. I will communicate to the entire club via MailChimp. Be sure to have my email [fantasticalsharing1 at gmail dot com] saved to your contacts to ensure it does not go to spam. Check your spam regularly, so you don't miss emails that are SRC-related. I always put SRC or Secret Recipe Club in my subject line to make sure you all know it is SRC-related.
Each month you will receive an email on the 1st to announce the participation form is open and an email the Friday before your group reveal day to remind you reveal day is upon you. Announcements are rare, but they will also come via MailChimp.
The participation form is open from the 1st of the month to the 15th of the month. We fill out the participation form 2 months in advance to allow time for assignments to be made. If for some reason you are unable to fulfill reveal day on a month you signed up for, simply email your hostess as soon as you can to let them know you can no longer participate for that month.
The Facebook group is such an awesome mini-community for SRC members. If you need help, want to share the occasional giveaway, wish to brag about how amazing your SRC recipe was this month, or have to find someone to add your post to the blog hop on reveal day, the SRC Members FB group is the place for you! Join here.
There are very simple but easy guidelines to follow to make sure your SRC reveal day post is ready to go. Please walk through these and make sure you have everything you need.
- Schedule your post for the designated Monday at 12:00am EST. You have until 12:00pm EST to add your post to the blog hop. Please do not be late! Here is a time-converter to help for those of you who are not in EST: Time Converter.
- You need at least 3 links in your SRC post: one to the website [http://secret-recipe-club.blogspot.com], one to your assignment's blog, and one to your chosen recipe. This is the bare minimum, folks. It's always nice to add a few more to really drive traffic to your assignment's blog. But it's not required. If you are an international blogger, you will have to make sure that you have manually checked and inserted the backlink. It HAS TO BE dot com. Inlinkz will not read it if it says dot ca, dot uk, dot nz, etc.
- Please talk about how your recipe hunting went and speak about your assignment's blogger a little bit. This really helps in sharing a new blog and driving traffic to their blog. Someone else will be doing it for you. Plus we all love compliments, right?!
- Post at least one picture that is YOUR picture of your finished recipe. No stock photos or uploading your assignment's picture for that recipe.
- Add the blog hop code and enter yourself (or ask someone to, if you won't be able to) into the hop when it goes live.
- Try your best to stop by your fellow SRC group's reveal day posts and comment and share. Bloggers benefit from other bloggers' support! (Added 11/16/2015)
Your hostess is Susan.
Upcoming reveal dates: Sep 5, Oct 3, Nov 7.
Your hostess is Camilla.
Upcoming reveal dates: Sep 12, Oct 10, Nov 14.
Your hostess is Sarah E.
Upcoming reveal dates: Sep 19, Oct 17, Nov 21.
Your hostess is Sarah E.
Upcoming reveal dates: Oct 31 [Fall Dishes].
If you would like to use a banner/button, please feel free. Here are a few below, right-click and save these to your computer. Upload them to your blog to use! If anyone designs one of their own and would like to share it, please email me [email@example.com] and I will be sure to note that you designed it and link to your blog!
These are perfect for using in your SRC reveal day posts.
Modified small version by Sashi of Get Off The Couch and Cook
Do you have a spot on your sidebar to display that you belong to SRC? Feel free to grab one of these!
Our old button - not sure who created it. Please let me know if YOU know :)
Recreated By SRC Button
This button is the perfect way to share that someone has chosen one of your recipes for reveal day. It lets other SRC members know that it's been recreated before and it's a nice way to link to the blogger who made the recipe.